Ugh, I'm trying to get better!

Friday, April 9, 2010




I'm feeling a little bit better just because I'm home, but have a long road ahead of me. I find out the results of my pathology report today (if I have more cancer) and get my stitches out. I was surprised at how fast I would be getting my stitches out. It's very painful and I would wish this on no one! However, my friends & Chad have been so supportive and helpful I can say that I owe them big time. I'll try my best to keep you all updated, but please be patient. Thanks for all the kind words and the prayers- keep them coming.
The surgery didn't exactly go as planned. I was told by the Dr. that they would remove the left side of my thyroid freeze it and then decide if they should take out the right side. I remember going into the operation room it was so cold in their and then I remember waking up. The Dr. told me I did have cancer throughout my entire thyroid and that it was removed entirely I was only supposed to be in surgery for two to two and half hours but wound up being in surgery for almost six. They also took out a few pieces of my lymph nodes etc. to check for cancer (pathology report) so I'll get a few more answers today and as terrible as I feel things are going to get better. I start my medication today too, so that may help in making me feel better. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Miss you guys bunches, can't wait to be back 100%!









5 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older     Newer›   Newest»
Stephanie April 9, 2010 at 7:52 AM  

Prayers and Hugs....

Jessica April 9, 2010 at 11:13 AM  

You are such a strong woman! You are in my prayers!

Katie S April 9, 2010 at 2:14 PM  

Prayers being sent your way!!!

Megan, Life Revamped April 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM  

i pray that things will get better!

hugs,
fickleinpink
have a great week!


coming from FridayFollow, now a follower

Tracie Nall April 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM  

Lots and lots of prayers!! Take care!

Post a Comment

Awards

Awards

Win It!

ugg boots Pendants

Blog Customized By:

Fairy Blog Mother

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP